Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Public Records Requests

Public records requests for UT Knoxville are fulfilled by UT System Administration.

Any Tennessee resident can request records made or received pursuant to law or in connection with the transaction of official university business. Along with complying with the Tennessee Public Records Act, the university aims to respond as efficiently and promptly as possible.

Request Public Records

Requests can be made verbally, through electronic mail, via facsimile, or through the US Postal Service or other means of physical delivery.

For questions regarding open records requests, please contact Charles Primm at 865-974-5180 or at