Our Media and Internal Relations team shares news about the university with regional, national, and international media.
We work to make sure people know about UT’s discoveries, our industry-leading experts, and the way we impact people’s lives. We highlight some of our best coverage through our In the News page. Help us share your great news by completing our Submit an Idea form.
We also serve a vital internal role by producing the university’s News website; curating Tennessee Today—UT’s daily e-newsletter; planning large-scale special events; and managing the e-mail distribution of administrative and employee news.
Our products and tools include:
- Tennessee Today e-newsletter for faculty and staff
- UT News website and Twitter account
- News Summary e-newsletter of recent media coverage about the university for faculty and staff
- Vol Update e-newsletter for current students
- Press releases and news advisories
- Public records requests
- UT Experts Guide
- UT campus location release
- Submit an event to be considered for a press release to local media outlets
- “How to promote your events” tip sheet for campus communicators